GIS Day @ KU Parking
All GIS Day activities will be on the 4th floor in the Kansas Union. Presentations will be in Alderson Auditorium. The Information and Job Fair will be in the main lobby and the student poster competition in the Traditions Lounge.
Hourly Parking (Non-Garage Permit Holders/Visitors)Parking is available in the Mississippi Street Parking Garage to the north of the Kansas Union. The parking garage can be accessed from both Oread Avenue and Mississippi Street. Parking will cost $1.75 for the first hour and $1.50 for each additional hour.
- Pull slowly into the garage and find a place to park, avoiding reserved/service stalls and ADA/Limited mobility stalls unless you have a valid placard. The fourth floor of the Mississippi Street Parking Garage has a covered walkway that connects to the second floor of the Kansas Union.
- Take a picture of your license plate, or write your plate information down, and proceed to the pay station within 15 minutes of entering the garage to pre-pay for parking.
- Another option is to pre-pay for your parking time using the ParkMobile app. The Mississippi Street Parking Garage is Zone 3930.
- GIS Day activities are scheduled to last 8 hours and 15 mintues. Depending on your arrival and departure times, you may want to pre-pay for 9 or more hours to prevent a ticket being issued.
- Payment can be made at pay stations with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card or with cash. Pay stations are unable to give change, so be sure to have exact change if paying cash. Pay stations can be found in the Mississippi Street Parking Garage in the southwest stair tower on levels 1, 4, and 5.